- After a long and relatively quiet nine months, the full strength of the Wolves of Montauk reconvene at the annual Superbowl Sunday. Jules “Against-All-Odds” Scranton had spent nearly the whole of his time in the pack’s Protectorate, maintaining the , Sirius‘s strength and the various allegiances and alliances formed over their last two years. Artorias “Downfall” Thorolund had spent much of his time in the Protectorate as well, with frequent visits to the North Country Protectorate to meet with the Renewalists of his tribe. Amun had only recently returned from a six-month stay in the only Caern maintained wholly by the Silent Striders, the Sept of the Wheel of Ptah. Jack “Shepherd” had spent the full nine months in contemplation and training, preparing himself for the Rite of Renunciation with the intent of changing his moon from that of Theurge to Ahroun. Nicodemo “New Thunder” Rossi had been forced to withdraw from Garou society for a time, finding his new political career to draw too much attention to juggle with life in the pack. Finally Tommy Knockraha, a recent addition to the Sept after failing to meet the standards of the Sept of the Tower, had been found within the Wolves of Montauk’s territory and brought to Mother Larissa, who had prepared him for a Rite of Passage with the pack.
- Festivities were in full swing as Shepherd stripped his rank, his renown, his auspice and his deed name beneath the Rite of Renunciation, overseen by Grey Raven and Shadowpad. He was accepted back into the Children of Gaia by Unicorn as a cub once more, and then accepted into the Wolves of Montauk as well. Even so, as a “cub,” he had to join Tommy in his Rite of Passage. The pack had decided to utilize the new additions to assault the recent Omnicron gas station being built in their territory, assigning them the task of tearing it down under their watchful eye. The cubs were allowed to ask each pack mate to perform one task apiece, as a demonstration of their leadership and strategy.
- The gas station and corner store itself proved easy to encroach upon, as the streets were nearly empty thanks to Superbowl Sunday and the generally cold weather. Some police officers were loitering in the parking lot, exhibiting extremely gluttonous behavior as they wolfed down greasy foods and swilled sodas. Calling upon Artorias to distract them, the Silver Fang soon found himself being pursued by some very out-of-shape officers.
- Inside, Jack and Tommy could see only one occupant, an unassuming attendant who seemed to be working to get the last few details in place. The scent of Wyrm clung to him, but not so powerfully as that of the cooled foods section. Bursting inside, they found the attendant’s face splitting into a huge maw, revealing himself as a Fomori. The lights were bright enough to burn the Garou’s eyes, and the freshly waxed floors so slippery that they scrabbled and slipped their way into combat. While Jack kicked the creature in its face, Tommy shifted to Crinos to tear the top of the thing’s head off in a single blow.
- Artorias found the police exhibiting even stranger behaviors as he slapped their food out of their hands, watching them dig into the gutter detritus to recollect it. After being called back to the gas station, he led the officers inside to be pummeled by the pack and stored in the break room. As best they could determine, there was no Bane riding or inhabiting them. They had simply fallen under a powerful spirit Urge.
- Within the coolers, the pack found themselves face-to-face with a Hellhole once more, just as they had during their own Rite of Passage. As before, they found the oil barrel with wolf carcasses inside, but this time they also found a strange metal box, large enough to carry a full-grown Garou. The markings on the surface were clearly Wyrmish, denoting that it held something known as a Skull Pig. Deciding that it could not be allowed to suffer in the box, one way or another, the pack wrenched it open.
- The Skull Pig proved a powerful and dangerous enemy, smashing Shepherd and Tommy out into the store proper and wreaking havoc before attempting to dash outside. It was caught and killed before it could make it, then dragged back to be doused with gasoline with the rest of the station. After carefully disconnecting the fuel lines leading to the pumps, the pack set the station ablaze. The police officers were pulled into the forest of Camp Hero, where Tommy could cleanse them and the rest of the pack, who carried far too much lingering Wyrm taint for their liking.
- Brought to meet Sirius and Naysie back at the lighthouse the two cubs professed their interest in joining the pack. Sirius said he would accept them if they could offer him something that brings them light. Being in no rush, he allowed them ample time to decide for themselves.
- Later that week, Xaviar visited the pack, informing them that dire conflicts were rising amidst the vampires that could impact the city Garou of New York rather severely. He wanted to know what side they would stand on, and offered to help them make their decision by meeting members of different factions and one of his own elders. He left a voice message service number for when they had decided they would like to do so.
- Finally Gretchen Valkenburg contacted the Garou to let them know there was another job she could offer, if they were so inclined. One of her contacts in upstate New York had intercepted a phone message that sounded very much like someone describing a Lunatic or Lost Cub. As it took place in a small town, she felt certain the pack could enter the Sept of the Sentinel and perform a manhunt within their territory. Known to be held by Shadow Lords and Get of Fenris, the pack now plans on just what they might have to offer the Sept to allow safe passage.