- The pack gathers to discuss the affairs of their protectorate. The decision is made to allow the Ajaba place at the Warg’s table as an auxiliary force, rather than attempting to convince Juno to follow a Garou alpha. The pack also decides to reject the Silver Fangs’ offer of assistance in creating their own Caern, instead planning to gather other allies to take part when the time is right.
- During the meeting, it is discovered that Lance has experienced his first Change under the light of the Gibbous moon. Though not yet through his rite of passage, his time with the pack means he’s already well aware of what it is to be a Bone Gnawer. Also making an appearance are Sara Lancaster, Artorias “Downfall” Thorolund’s kinfolk and one-time fiance, and Mary Stoltzfus, another kinfolk from a different amish family with darker marriage traditions. Being only fourteen, Artorias agrees to watch over her and keep her safe for the time being.
- Tara “Diesel” Moonflower tells the pack of a huge concert coming to Central Park, starring the boy-band Fresh Faces. The event is meant to raise awareness for the Child Defense Watch charity, and while the Silver Fangs seem determined to shut it down on the basis of being “undignified” and a possible risk to the Veil, the Bone Gnawers have long welcomed such events and the flow of creative, gnostic energy. The pack sides with the Gnawers, and Tara soon acquires three backstage passes from her well connected acquaintances.
- Maria “Prosecutes the Wyrm” Hall’s research into Avalon Incorporated nets her few useful details of use in litigation against the corporation, but she does find that the Seventh Generation staffers have filled the ranks with men accused of terrible crimes, often against children. Almost to a man, these people were found innocent, in large part due to a celebrity child psychologist, Doctor Gunther Draggerunter.
- Amun “Whispers-Wisdom” is contacted by 6th Avenue Cocono, regarding the latest shipment of girls rescued from Chinese human traffickers. It was diverted after she purchased their freedom, and she fears the worst. Winter Song uses his Gift to track one of the girls, leading them directly to a different set of docks.
- Upon the pack’s arrival, they find the police already setting up a barricade, and spot several bodies dead from gunshot wounds. Some of which appear to have been dressed up like hobo clowns, no less. Winter senses Wyrm taint on the bodies, and the pack decides they must be Snatchers from the Seventh Generation, desiring to strike terror into their victims. Some humans have taken up a position upon the small freighter that had brought the women from China, leading to a stand-off with the police.
- Jules “Against-All-Odds” Scranton steals a police cruiser, firing a weapon into the air to draw their attention away, while the rest of the pack slips aboard the ship. Artorias recognizes one of the humans aboard, Order of the Rose from the charitable board set up between local churches. He decides to speak with her, defusing the tense situation with calm words until they can lead all the humans aboard off the vessel.
- Maria contacts the ajaba, who arrive in a small convoy to help ferry the group back home. Sister Mercy recognizes Maria after having spotted her leading David Zakis away. David is now considered to be missing, due to his failure to arrive back home. She is able to assure the Sister that she did him no harm and that he’s well, but she insists on seeing what’s to be done with the girls before she stops hovering protectively over them. While not entirely pleased about the prospect of their being placed into a small criminal empire like the 6th avenue chop-shop, she eventually concedes that it’s far better than the alternative. Even so, she promises to return to ensure all is well.